Hobo Dinner Recipe: Beef and Vegetables in a Pouch
A tasty hobo dinner made in foil including beef and vegetables. Pictured beside it is the Rada Vegetable Peeler. From hobo to the noblest monarch, everyone will love this incredible beef hobo dinner! A simple recipe that sees beef, potatoes, and carrots cooked to perfection in a foil pouch either in the oven or over a fire, this dinner is easy to make and even more delicious!
Basic Beef and Potatoes Hobo Dinner Recipe
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic salt
- Seasoned salt
- Butter, optional
- Lay out 4 sheets of 12″ heavy duty foil.
- Slice 1 medium onion into several slices.
- Place onion slices on the center of foil, making a base for your hamburger patty to go.
- Place 1 lb. lean ground beef in a bowl. Add small amount of water to beef so that it will effectively steam the vegetables while cooking.
- Shape the ground beef into four hamburger patties.
- Place the hamburger patties on top of the onions.
- Peel and slice 4 medium potatoes.
- Place the sliced potatoes on top of the burger and onion.
- Peel and slice 4 medium carrots.
- Place carrots over hamburger.
- Add salt and pepper, garlic salt, and seasoned salt. Also add butter if desired.
- Fold pouches closed.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes. Enjoy!
Foods Cooked in Foil!
The hobo beef dinner is just one of tons of awesome foil-prepared foods in our Fix it In Foil recipe book! From appetizers to desserts, this great book has you covered, especially with instructions on how to prepare the recipes with a variety of heat sources.
Other products we used in this recipe:
- The Rada Cook’s Knife, the best knife a home cook can have
- The Rada Vegetable Peeler, an incredible kitchen tool